- This swashbuckling label, an exclusive for BevMo from the Plata Wine Group, combines the mystery of pirate mythology with a premium wine expectation. Black sails evoke the romance and excitement of a high-seas adventure — with the glare of a blood-red flag cutting through the dark. This traditional pirate emblem, the skull and hourglass quartered by a cross, dramatizes the presentation as a unique and daring experience.
BRAND DEVELOPMENT, NAMING, PACKAGING DESIGN, BRAND IDENTITY, PRINT ENGINEERING
- Extending brand equities across a fleet of varietals sometimes necessitates squeezing a large idea into a small label. Fortunately, for this crew of brigands and roustabouts, nobody had to walk the plank. Our elegant system was implemented across clarets and bordeaux with a hearty enthusiasm and cutthroat simplicity. The result is a system of labels that will all hang together — pun intended — even if merchandised separately.
- This hand-crafted brandmark draws from the romantic flourishes, scrolls and stylings of the 17th century, a time when piracy spread from the Empire to the New World, to help elevate the brand above the expected. Authentic pirate symbology, a threat that reads as “One Hour to Live,” lends a bracing blend of menace and intrigue to the labels. Attention to the subtleties of production details provide rich clues to the treasures hidden inside.
- This bold shipper carries the brigand’s crew from vineyard to market, making waves along way with its brash character. As is common in some channels, the case can be cut into a tray without losing the graphics. In the wine category, and especially in BevMo’s brand-rich world, this exclusive wine needs to make its presence known on-the-spot, and this full-color shipper certainly makes a splash.
- Wine labeling is a cryptic game of provocation and snootery often delivered with excruciating restraint. The Buccaneer, in contrast, delivers a dire warning wrapped in sinister darkness that combine to create a seductive temptation. The romantic flourishes of the hand-drawn wordmark manifest an Old World sensibility while the red galleon-sail shape of the emblem clearly designates this concoction as a dangerous indulgence.