- This uniquely Californian wine deserves a uniquely Californian success story. Gold rush history and old west heritage are remixed and modernized for this bold label, harkening back to the days of optimism and opportunity that once defined the golden state. Industry and a booming economy are echoed here with depth and texture, complete with embossed letterforms, glossy varnishes, metallic inks, and a strong sense of purpose.
BRAND IDENTITY DESIGN, PACKAGE DESIGN, LABEL DESIGN, DISPLAY SHIPPER
- Prospect 49 captures the essence of California-style American enterprise. The bold brand mark appears emblazoned on the face of a coal-powered locomotive, barreling down the tracks toward adventure and opportunity, establishing a sense of both time and place. The limited palette and stark typography evoke early playbills and outlaw wanted posters, promising the danger, excitement, and opportunity of the Old West in every sip.
- Embedded in the color and texture of this California wine is the very essence of successful enterprise. Each label carries a unique piece of history that forms the rich backdrop of this experience, either highly decorated scrip — actually privately backed money — or engraved stock certificates from the booming era of California industry, lending prosperous overtones and a sense of triumphalism to enrich this “prospect.”
- From the gold rush “forty-niners” who swelled the population in 1849 to the 49 square miles of the San Francisco territory from which the city’s football team gets its name, the number is deeply entrenched in the California experience. This wine will continue to evoke that history, whether stocking the shelves at the local BevMo or tucked away in a private cellar, even if only viewed by the simplified graphic that adorns its capsule.
- Following in the footsteps of Gold Rush-era advertisements, each label carries a unique and upbeat phrase that adds a touch of personality and showmanship. These whimsical comments, such as “Magnificently Pleasant And Gratifying” and “Delightfully Charming And Entertaining” are another piece of the old world charm awaiting consumer discovery. “In All Regards Delightful and Satisfying” indeed.
Wearing its history and optimism on its sleeve, this bold corrugated display shipper creates a strong presence at the point of decision. These cases need to compete in a crowded environment to create a preference for this exclusive BevMo offering. With its black and orange trade dress, bold energizing graphics, and a strong sense of purpose, this California native is built for success from the ground up.